- Demonstrate proficiency with tools and industry-relevant software and technology.
- Understand key technology and software used within contemporary industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying technologies to design/merchandising/textiles.
Knowledge of Merchandising, Design and Textiles and how functional areas overlap:
- Display knowledge of the modern functional product life cycle.
- Describe the aspects of their chosen specialty of design/merchandising/textiles.
- Explain the cross-functionality of design/merchandising/textiles.
Creative Thinking, problem solving and critical thinking:
- Implement effective creative thinking, problem solving and critical thinking skills in a design/merchandising/textiles context
- Demonstrate the ability to apply creative elements to situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately identify a problem.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate relevant information, evaluate this information and generate viable solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to select an appropriate solution and implement that solution.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the outcome of the solution and adjust accordingly.
- Communicate effectively across the apparel industry to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally, visually and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to use appropriate current and emerging media.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that sustainability plays in the textile and apparel complex.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify trends on sustainability in the textile and apparel industry.
- Analyze the impact these trends have on business strategies and practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural/historical/societal/economic forces and their influence on textile and apparel product development.
- Analyze these forces to determine appropriate influences on product development within sub-disciplinary areas.
- Analyze these forces to better understand the consumer who use these products.
- Marry the knowledge of influences and consumers to developed profitable products.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate individual professionalism which may include but is not exclusive to the following:
- Reliable and organized, self-motivated, seek and be receptive to feedback, self-presentation, and communication appropriately.
- Demonstrate team professionalism which may include but is not exclusive to the following:
- Gives and receives feedback, acknowledges and accepts differences, fulfills individual responsibilities outside and during team meetings, communicate effectively, respectfully and collaboratively work in multiple disciplinary teams, accepts responsibility for team outcomes.Request Info