Cooperative Education Internship
An internship helps you gain experience and meet contacts in the industry. It also prepares you for competitive job opportunities after graduation. Thousands of companies in the U.S. and abroad offer internships in the textile and apparel field.
The AMT 490 course/Internship is required for both the Merchandising and Apparel Design majors. Check with your advisor to determine the number of credits needed for your internship. Credits range from 3-10, but are usually around 6. Contact the Internship Coordinator for details.
- Eddie Bauer
- Sun Precautions
- Elle Magazine
- Diane Von Furstenburg
Tips to help you with the internship search process
- Identify career options that combine your interests and strengths, and search for companies that offer those kinds of internships or entry level jobs.
- Utilize the internship coordinator to help you develop your resume and cover letter to meet industry standards.
- Regularly visit career fairs to gain familiarity with face-to-face networking needed to land an interview.
- Ask family and friends if they have a network you can contact to get into areas of interest.
- Stay tuned to the Department of AMDT’s email announcements of available opportunities. As WSU alums continue to impress employers our students are sought out for career positions.
WSU Career Services
For general information on internships, visit the WSU Career Services.