Xingqiu Lou Profile
Department of AMDT
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-2020
Ph.D. Textile Technology Management, North Carolina State University.
M.S. Statistics, North Carolina State University.
M.S. Fashion and Apparel Studies, University of Delaware.
B.S. Fashion Design and Engineering, Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology.
- New product development.
- Emerging textiles and apparel technologies.
- Mass customization.
- Sustainability and Sustainable Development.
- Product lifecycle management.
- Visual Merchandising and Promotion.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Apparel Design Collection.
- Environmental and Social Issues in the Apparel Industry.
- Lou, X., & Little, T. (2021) New Thinking about Blockchain in the Fashion Industry. Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management (JTATM), 12.
- Lou, X., & Cao, H. (2019). A comparison between consumer and industry perspectives on sustainable practices throughout the apparel product lifecycle. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology and Education, 12(2), 149-157
Grants/Funding/Multi-State Research Projects
- Liu, H. & Lou, X. (2021). Sustainability and Performance: Cotton Is the Optimal Solution. Cotton Incorporated, 2021 Cotton in the Curriculum Program. $49,000.
- W3192 “Improving safety and health of wildland firefighters through personal protective clothing”, USDA-NIFA approved, 04/01/2020 – 09/30/2024.
Refereed Proceedings and Conference Presentations
- Lou, X., & Little, T. (2021). New Thinking about Blockchain in the Fashion Industry. 2021 International Textile and Apparel Association Annual Conference.
- Lou, , & Cao, H. (2017). A Comparison between Consumer and Industry Perspectives on Sustainable Practices throughout the Apparel Product Lifecycle. 2017 International Textile and Apparel Association Annual Conference, St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Cao, H., & Lou, X., & Siron, L., & Dickson, M. (2016). Sustainability Assessment of Factories in an Apparel Supply Chain in South Africa. 2016 International Textile and Apparel Association Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia.