(Faculty of the Composite Materials and Engineering Center, and Materials Science and Engineering Program)
- Nanofiber production and application in smart sensing textiles, biomaterials, and protective garments
- Bio-based biodegradable product development, applications, and degradation profile
- Textile waste recycling
- Structure-Property analysis of polymeric materials (fiber, yarns, and fabrics)
- Textile Product Analysis
- Product Development in Textile/Apparel Industry
- Lee, E., Kim, I., Liu, H., Cho, G. (2017) Exploration of AgNW/PU Nanoweb as ECG Textiles Electrodes and Comparison with Ag/AgCl Electrodes, Fibers and Polymers, Accepted.
- Zhu, R., Yadama, V., Liu, H., Harper, DP., Lin, R. (2017) Fabrication and Characterization of Nylon 6/Cellulose Nanofibrils As-spun Nanocomposite Filaments, Composite: Part A. Applied Science and Manufacturing, 97, 111-119.
- Liu, WC., Liu, T., Liu, H., Xin, JN., Zhang, JW., Muhidinov, ZK., and Liu, LS. (2017) Properties of poly(butylene adipate0co-terephthalate) and sunflower head residue biocomposites. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 134 (13), DOI: 10.1002/app.44644.
- Liu, WC., Liu, T., Liu, T, Liu T., Xin, J., Hiscox, WC., Liu, H., Liu, L, Zhang, JW., (2017) Improving Grafting Efficiency of Dicarboxylic Anhydride Monomer on Polylactic Acid by Manipulating Monomer Structure and Using Comonomer and Reducing Agent, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 56 (14), 3920-3927.
- Cowan, J., Saxton, A.M., Liu, H., Leonas, K.K., Inglis, D., and Miles, C. (2016) Visual Assessments of Biodegradable Mulch Deterioration Are Not Indicative of Changes in Mechanical Properties. HortScience, 51(3), pp.245-254.
- Fu, Y., Zhang, J.W., Liu, H., Hiscox, B., and Gu, Y., (2013) “Ionic Liquid-Assisted Exfoliation of Graphite Oxide for Simultaneous Reduction and Functionalization to Graphene with Improved Properties”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A., 1(7), 2663-2674.
- Fu, Y., Maguire, R., Liu, H., and Zhong, WH., (2011) “Special wetting behavior of a graphitic nanofiber-modified epoxy generalized for rough textured fabric surfaces”, Colloid and Polymer Science, 289 (2), 141–148.
- Fu, Y., Liu, H., and Zhong, WH., (2010) “Wetting Characteristics of Epoxy Resins Modified by Graphitic Nanofibers with Different Functional Groups”, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, 369 (1), 196–202.
- Liu, H. & Leonas, K., (2010) “Weight Loss and Morphology Changes of Electrospun Poly(?-caprolactone) Yarns During in vitro Degradation”, Fibers and Polymers, 11(7), 1024-1031.
- Liu, H., Leonas, K., and Zhao, Y.P., (2010) “Antimicrobial Properties and Release Profile of Ampicillin from Electrospun Poly(?-caprolactone) Nanofiber Yarns”, Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 5(4), 10-19.
- Gupta, M., Cook, F., Etters, N., Wu, XL., and Liu, H., (2010) “Aqueous Processes for Dyeing Generic, Unmodified Polypropylene Fibers”, Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 5(2), 27- 39.
- Liu, H., Etters, N. and Leonas, K., (2006) “Dyeing of Polypropylene Fibers with Vat Dyes”, Journal of Donghua University, 23 (5), 15-19.
- Liu, H. & Lu, K., (2002) “Study on the Influence of Slenderizing on the Mechanic Properties of Wool Fibers”, Beijing Textile Journal, 23 (5), 51-53.
- Lu, K., Liu, H. & Yu, CW., (2002) “Wool Luster Properties and Formation Mechanism by Drawing Process”, Journal of Textile Research, 23 (6), 18-19.
- Liu, H. & Lu, K., (2001) “Developing trends of Clothing Fibers and Fabrics in the 21st Century”, Journal of Shanghai Wool and Flax Technology, 4, 2-5.
- 2017 – 2020 Walmart U.S. Manufacturing Innovation Award (PI)
- 2017 – 2020 USDA AFRI High Education Challenge Grant (Co-PI)
- 2017 Commercialization GAP Fund, Washington State University (PI)
- 2017 National Science Foundation Center for Bioplastics and Biocomposites (Co-PI)
- 2017 AMDT Research Seed Grant, Washington State University (PI)
- 2016 -2017 Environmental Protection Agency P3 Award Phase I (PI)
- 2014 – 2015 Samuel H. and Patricia W. Smith Teaching and Learning Endowment (PI)
- 2007 – 2008 AATCC Foundation Student Research Support Grant, AATCC (PI)
Ph.D. – Textile Sciences – University of Georgia
M.S. – Textile Engineering – Donghua University
B.S. – Textile Engineering – China Textile University