Manal Shaheen Profile
Department of AMDT
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-2020
M.S. Art in Apparel, Merchandising, Design & Textiles, Apparel, Merchandising, Design & Textiles, Washington State University, Pullman WA.
B.S. Home Economics Department of Clothing and Textiles, College of Home Economics, El-Menoufiya University, El-Menoufiya, Egypt.
- Hijab and the expression of Muslim religious identity in the western societies.
- Apparel design analysis.
- Daring and fitting.
- Multicultural perspectives on the body and dress.
- Historic costume.
- Ready to wear Apparel Analysis.
- Basic and advanced Apparel Assembly.
- Arabic Language level 1 & 2.
Honors and Awards (Select)
- 2015 “Recognition for excellent contributions to the Arabic course”, Muslim Student Association, Washington State university.
- Shaheen, M., Bradley, L., (2015), Book Review: Islamic Fashion and Anti-Fashion: New Perspectives from Europe and North America, Emma Tarlo, Annelies Moors (2013), New York and London: Bloomsbury, 294 pp., Visibly Muslim: Fashion, Politics, Faith, Emma Tarlo (2010), New York; Berg, pp. 242, Fashion, Style & Popular Culture, Volume (2).
- 2019 “Facets of Fashion” Washington State university.
- 2015 “Hijab and the expression of Muslim religious identity among Egyptian women in the Pacific Northwest.” Washington State university.