Students in AMDT earned recognition this year for their efforts in design, scholarship and innovation. Merchandising and design students also earned recognition at Euphoria, the 33rd Annual Mom’s Weekend Fashion Show, held last May at WSU.
Industry and academics
- Dominique Norman, 2016 AMDT graduate, received a 2016 undergraduate WSU Women of Distinction Award.
- AMDT graduate Brianna Yager won the WSU Bookie T-Shirt Design Competition.
- Master’s graduate Astrid Vidalon took second place and won the People’s Choice award in the CAHNRS 3-Minute Thesis competition. This competition challenges graduate students to present a compelling speech on their thesis in just three minutes.
- AMDT senior Keena Hudson was selected as a 2016 Ronald E. McNair Scholar.
- AMDT graduate Karen Snare received the Swatfame Manufacturing and Design award and the UPS Professional Service Award at the California Fashion Association annual meeting.
Fashion show awards
- Student designers Sarah Cardenas and Jenny Le shared the Molly Pepper Family Best in Show award for their collections, “Stella Maris” and “Meraki.”
- Le won the Chair’s Choice award for her collection, inspired by soft, pale, breezy colors.
- Addy Forte won the Most Marketable award for her collection, “Resolute.”
- Cymone Martin won the Dean’s Choice award for her collection, “Blaqk.”
- Emily Altobelli won the Innovative Materials in Design award for her collection, “While Wanderlust.”
- Yeseily Pruneda won for Innovation in Product Development with “Elysian.”
- Jessica Ulmer won the Sustainability award for “Quixotic.”
- Undergraduate student Carly Fulbright won the Rising Star award.